Hello and welcome to the new Year Five...
We will be your new Teachers from September. I say new... but you already kind of know us. We are both looking forward to the year ahead and hope that you are too!
We want to form a class built on: honesty, politeness and positivity.
This is your year to shine!
Year Five you rock... It is almost the end of the month and I am very impressed with your learning so far.
1. Learned about numbers to ONE MILLION... I know!
2. Started to gather Scientific evidence about Earth and Space for Professor Brain Cox... Wow!
3. Exercised weekly on the outdoor gym equipment... Muscles!
4. Started the adventures around a boy called Shane... Way Home
5. Started Samba classes... Beat your own drum!
Check back soon for some photographs...
Science - Earth and Space
This week children were learning about an orrery.
Ramla said - an orrery is a representation of the Solar system
Maryam - an orrery is a mechanical model of the Solar system, which shows how the planets orbit the sun
Rumaysa - an orrery is something that shows how the whole of the eight planets orbit the sun
Muskaan - Duke Orrery invented the first orrery in the 1700s
Making an orrery
What fun we have had planning, designing and making our Mars Rovers. If you don't know what a Mars Rover is then ask your child because they are now experts...
Have a look at our Mars Rovers...